- Sobel, M.E. and M.P. Becker (editors), Sociological Methodology 2001, Washington, D.C.: American Sociological Association, 2001.
- Sobel, M.E. and M.P. Becker (editors), Sociological Methodology 2000, Washington, D.C.: American Sociological Association, 2000.
- Sobel, M.E. and M.P. Becker (editors), Sociological Methodology 1999, Washington, D.C.: American Sociological Association, 1999.
- Alexander, J.A., B.J. Weiner, L.C. Baker, S.M. Shortell, J. Geppert, and M. Becker. Care management implementation and patient safety. Journal of Patient Safety, 2: 83-96, 2006.
- Kim, J., D.R. Jacobs Jr., R.V. Luepker, E. Shahar, K.L. Margolis, and M.P. Becker. Prognostic value of a novel classification scheme for heart failure: The Minnesota Heart Failure Criteria. American Journal of Epidemiology, 164: 184-193, 2006.
- Alexander, J.A., B.J. Weiner, S.M. Shortell, L.C. Baker, and M.P. Becker. The role of organizational infrastructure in implementation of hospitals’ quality improvement. Hospital Topics, 84: 11-20, 2006.
- Weiner, B.J., J.A. Alexander, S.M. Shortell, L.C. Baker, M. Becker, and J.J. Geppert. Quality improvement implementation and hospital performance on hospital patient safety indicators. Health Services Research, 41: 307-334, 2006.
- Weiner, B.J., J.A. Alexander, L.C. Baker, S.M. Shortell, J. Geppert and M. Becker. Quality improvement structures and practices as determinants of hospital quality indicators. Medical Care Research and Review, 63: 29-57, 2006
- Minick, S.M. and M.P. Becker. Assessing rater agreement using marginal association models. Statistics in Medicine, 21: 1743-1760, 2002.
- Landrum, M.B. and M.P. Becker. Imputation strategies for the analysis of incomplete longitudinal data. Statistics in Medicine, 20:2741-2760, 2001.
- Salerno, D.F., A. Franzblau, T.J. Armstrong, R.A. Werner, and M.P. Becker. Test-retest reliability of the upper extremity questionnaire among keyboard operators. American Journal of Industrial Medicine, 40:655-666, 2001.
- Koopman, J.S., S.E. Chick, C.S. Riolo, A.L. Adams, M.L. Wilson, and M.P. Becker. Modeling contact networks and infection transmission in geographic and social space using GERMS. Sexually Transmitted Diseases, 27:617-626, 2000.
- Salerno, D.F., A. Franzblau, R.A. Werner, K.C. Chung, J.S. Schultz, M.P. Becker, and T.J. Armstrong. Reliability of physical examination of the upper extremity among keyboard operators. American Journal of Industrial Medicine, 37:423-430, 2000.
- Herman, W.H., N.K. Janz, M.P. Becker, and D. Charron-Prochownik. Diabetes and pregnancy. Preconception care, pregnancy outcomes, resource utilization and costs. Journal of Reproductive Medicine. 44:33-38, 1999.
- Salerno, D.F., R.A. Werner, J.W. Albers, M.P. Becker, T.J. Armstrong, and A. Franzblau. Reliability of nerve conduction studies among active workers. Muscle and Nerve. 22:1372-1379, 1999.
- Becker, M.P., S. Minick, I. Yang. Specifications of models for cross-classified counts: Comparisons of the log-linear models and marginal models perspectives. Sociological Methods and Research. 26:511-529, 1998.
- Becker, M.P. and I. Yang. Latent class marginal models for cross-classifications of counts. Sociological Methodology, 28:293-325, 1998.
- Sobel, M.E., M.P. Becker, and S.M. Minick. Origins, destinations, and association in occupational mobility. American Journal of Sociology. 104:687-721, 1998.
- Taylor, G.W., B.A. Burt, M.P. Becker, R.J. Genco, M. Shlossman, W.C. Knowler, and D.J. Pettitt. Non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus and alveolar bone loss progression over 2 years. Journal of Periodontology. 69(1):76-83, 1998.
- Taylor, G.W. and M.P. Becker. Increased efficiency of analyses: cumulative logistic regression vs ordinary logistic regression. Community Dentistry & Oral Epidemiology. 26(1):1-6, 1998.
- Taylor, G.W., B.A. Burt, M.P. Becker, R.J. Genco, and M. Shlossman. Glycemic control and alveolar bone loss progression in type-2 diabetes. Annals of Periodontology. 3:30-39, 1998.
- Becker, M.P., I. Yang, and K. Lange. EM algorithms for non-missing data. Statistical Methods in Medical Research. 6:38-54, 1997.
- Olsen, B.H., S.M. Anderson, M.P. Becker, J.W. Anderson, D.B. Hunninghake, D.J.A. Jenkins, J.C. LaRosa, J.M. Rippe, D.C.K. Roberts, D.B. Stoy, C.D. Summerbell, A.S. Truswell, T.M.S. Wolver, D.H. Morris, and V.L. Fulgoni III. Psyllium-enriched cereal lowers total and LDL-cholesterol, but not HDL-cholesterol, in hypercholesterolemic adults; Results of a Meta-Analysis. Journal of Nutrition, 127:1973-1980,1997.
- Yang, I. and M.P. Becker. Latent variable modeling of diagnostic accuracy. Biometrics. 53:948-958, 1997.
- Taylor, G.W., B.A. Burt, M.P. Becker, R.J. Genco, M. Shlossman, W.C. Knowler and D.J. Pettitt. Severe periodontitis and risk for poor glycemic control in subjects with noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. Journal of Periodontology. 67(supplement):1085-1093, 1996.
- Balagtas, C.C., M.P. Becker, and J.B. Lang. Marginal modeling of categorical data from cross-over experiments. Applied Statistics. 44:63-78, 1995.
- Ten Have, T.R. and M.P. Becker. Multivariate contingency tables and the analysis of exchangeability. Biometrics. 51:1001-1016, 1995.
- Becker, M.P. Analysis of repeated categorical measurements using models for marginal distributions: An application to trends in attitudes on legalized abortion. Sociological Methodology. 24:229-265, 1994.
- Green, L.A. and M.P. Becker. Physician decision making and variation in hospital admission rates for suspected acute ischemic heart disease: A tale of two towns. Medical Care. 32:1086-1097, 1994.
- Janz, N.K., W.H. Herman, M.P. Becker, et al. Diabetes and pregnancy: Factors associated with seeking preconception care. Diabetes Care. 18:157-165, 1994.
- Becker, M.P. and C.C. Balagtas. Marginal modeling of binary cross-over data. Biometrics. 49:997-1009, 1993.
- Seixas, N.S., T.G. Robbins, and M.P. Becker. A novel approach to the characterization of cumulative exposure for the study of chronic occupational disease. American Journal of Epidemiology. 137:463-471, 1993.
- Becker, M.P. Fitting marginal models for binary data from two-period cross-over experiments in GLIM. GLIM Newsletter. 21:13-17, 1992.
- Becker, M.P. Exploratory analysis of association models using log-linear models and singular value decompositions. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis. 13:253-267, 1992.
- Becker, M.P. and A. Agresti. Modeling pairwise interobserver agreement on a categorical scale. Statistics in Medicine. 11:101-114, 1992.
- Maio, R.F., P.E. Green, M.P. Becker, R.E. Burney, and C. Compton. Rural motor vehicle crash mortality: The role of crash severity and medical resources. Accident Analysis and Prevention. 24:631-642, 1992.
- Tittle, M.B., L. Moody, and M.P. Becker. Severity of illness and resource allocation in DNR patients in ICU. Nursing Economic$. 10:210-216, 1992.
- Tittle, M.B., L. Moody, and M.P. Becker. Nursing care of DNR patients in intensive care units. Heart & Lung. 21:235-242, 1992.
- Tittle, M.B, L. Moody, and M.P. Becker. Preliminary development of two predictive models for DNR patients in intensive care. Image: The Journal of Nursing Scholarship. 23:140-144, 1991.
- Becker, M.P. Quasisymmetric models for the analysis of square contingency tables. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society-Series B. 52:369-378, 1990.
- Becker, M.P. AS 252 Maximum likelihood estimation of the RC(M) association model. Applied Statistics. 39:152-167, 1990.
- Becker, M.P. Models for the analysis of association in multivariate contingency tables. Journal of the American Statistical Association. 84:1014-1019, 1989.
- Becker, M.P. Using association models to analyze agreement data: Two examples. Statistics in Medicine. 8:1199-1207, 1989.
- Becker, M.P. Square contingency tables having ordered categories and GLIM. GLIM Newsletter. 19:22-31, 1989.
- Becker, M.P. On the bivariate normal distribution and association models for ordinal categorical data. Statistics & Probability Letters. 8:435-440, 1989.
- Becker, M.P. and C.C. Clogg. Analysis of sets of two-way contingency tables using association models. Journal of the American Statistical Association. 84:142-151, 1989.
- Becker, M.P. and C.C. Clogg. A note on approximating correlations from odds ratios. Sociological Methods & Research. 16:407-424, 1988.
- Taylor, M.S. and M.P. Becker. Quantiles of multi-sample Smirnov type statistics. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation. 16:25-34, 1982.
- Speck, R.M., R.K. Jaster, N.P. Pronk, M.P. Becker, and K.H. Schmitz. Assessment and Outcomes of HealthPartners 10,000 Steps® Program in an Academic Worksite.
- Koopman, J.S., S.E. Chick, M.P. Becker, and M.L. Wilson. Partner based surveillance to direct control toward populations where undetected infections are spreading. In “Proceedings of the 12th World AIDS Conference”, Geneva, Switzerland, pp. 271-275, 1998.
- Ten Have, T.R. and M.P. Becker. A hierarchy of first order parameter symmetric and exchangeable log-linear models. In “Proceedings of the Sixth International Workshop on Statistical Modelling”, Utrecht, The Netherlands: 289-298, 1991.
- Clogg, C.C. and M.P. Becker. Log-linear modelling with SPSS-X. In “Computer Science and Statistics: Proceedings of the 17th Symposium on the Interface”, D.M. Allen, ed. Amsterdam: North Holland 16:263-269, 1986.
- Becker, M.P. Loglinear Model. In Sage Encyclopedia Of Social Science Research Methods, M Lewis-Beck, A Bryman, and T.F. Liao, ed., Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications: 2003.
- Becker, M.P. Ordered Categorical Data. In Encyclopedia of Biostatistics, P. Armitage and T. Colton, ed., London: Wiley, 1998.
- Becker, M.P. Review of “Latent class and discrete latent trait models: Similarities and differences,” by T. Heinen, in Journal of the American Statistical Association. 93:1526, 1998.
- Becker, M.P. Review of “The statistical analysis of categorical data,” by E.B. Andersen, in Journal of the American Statistical Association. 86:828-829, 1991.
- Becker, M.P. Statistics in Business and Social Science. Journal of the American Statistical Association. 95:628-629, 2000.
- Becker, M.P. and M.E. Sobel. Editor’s introduction to the special issue in memory of Clifford C. Clogg – Part 2. Sociological Methods and Research, 26: 435, 1998.
- Becker, M.P. and M.E. Sobel. Editor’s introduction to the special issue in memory of Clifford C. Clogg – Part 1. Sociological Methods and Research, 26: 147, 1997.