A committee of faculty and staff is assessing the Georgia State student experience at our institution. Co-chaired by Nancy Kropf, senior vice president for Strategic Initiatives, and Michael Sanseviro, vice president for Student Engagement and Programs. At the end of April, the committee accomplished the following:
- Completed roving reporter surveys of students’ experiences on our campuses. A total of 468 surveys were collected - 252 were from the Atlanta campus and 216 were from Perimeter campuses.
- To delve into these responses, focus groups of students were held on all six campuses. Those are finishing the first week of May.
- Additionally, faculty and staff were invited to focus groups to learn about their thoughts about student engagement. Groups were held on every campus, along with a group of advising staff.
When data collection is complete, the following questions will be addressed:
- Do students report feeling a part of and engaged with the university? Does engagement differ by campus setting?
- What is the personality of each campus?
- What are the campus places that students are using? What other types of spaces are desired?
- How do faculty/staff view their engagement with students? What recommendations do these groups have to enhance the faculty-student experience?
Thank you for all your continued support as we work together to move the university forward.