Dear university community,
We recently reached out with updates to our presidential initiatives and are excited to now bring you an update on the university’s strategic planning process. As you know, we are basing our strategic planning visioning around four key pillars: placemaking and identity, student success, research and innovation and college to career. We have assembled a diverse group of leaders representing every college and other critical areas at Georgia State to move our strategic planning process forward. In consultation with faculty, staff and university leadership, committee members were nominated to serve in this role. When we return in the fall, we will identify student representatives as well.
Please join us in welcoming our colleagues to the strategic planning committee.
- Karen Wheel-Carter, Associate Dean for Strategic Initiatives, Perimeter College
- Jared Poley, Professor of History, College of Arts & Sciences
- Nicolle Parsons-Pollard, Interim Provost
- Lisa Armistead, Dean of the Graduate School
- Candace Kemp, Professor of Gerontology, College of Arts & Sciences
- Jim Marton, Professor of Economics, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies
- DaShaunda Patterson, Associate Dean of Faculty Development and Partnership, College of Education & Human Development
- Chester Phillips, Director of Music, College of the Arts
- Marise Parent, Professor of Neuroscience, Honors College
- Didier Merlin, Distinguished University Professor, Institute for Biomedical Sciences
- Tameka Lester, Clinical Interim Associate Dean, College of Law
- Kenya Kirkendoll, Clinical Associate Professor, Byrdine F. Lewis College of Nursing & Health Professions
- Krista Graham, Department Head, Digital Library Service
- Laura Edmunds, Associate Professor of English and Chair, Perimeter College
- Corrie Fountain, Interim Associate Provost, Faculty Affairs
- Kelly Stout, Assistant Vice President for Research Operations & Strategic Initiatives
- Jennifer Sherer, Director of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Institute, J. Mack Robinson College of Business
- Collins Airhihenbuwa, Professor, School of Public Health
- Yves McKenzie, Chair, Staff Council
- Carol Cohen, Assistant Vice President for University Advising, Student Success
We are also excited to hear from you, our university community. As we begin our process, please give us feedback on two key questions.
This process is exciting, as together we will be building the future of Georgia State. Thank you for your participation as this process moves forward.