From the Desk of the President, Apr. 2012

Posted On April 9, 2012 by Mark P. Becker
Categories eNewsletters

Dear colleagues,

President Mark P. BeckerThis is the time of year when there are a number of important events around campus to celebrate excellence among our faculty, staff, students and other members of the GSU community. This Friday, I invite you to attend the Service Recognition Ceremony, where we will honor more than 500 GSU employees for their “Milestone” years of service, as well as present the Carl V. Patton President’s Awards for Community Service and Social Action and the George M. Sparks Awards. The event is Friday, April 6, at 3 p.m. in the Student Center Ballroom. A reception will follow. I look forward to seeing you as we celebrate the good work of our colleagues and students.

I’m pleased to announce that Arun Rai, Regents’ Professor and Harkins Chair of Information Systems in the Robinson College of Business’ Center for Process Innovation and Computer Information Systems Department, has agreed to be the keynote speaker at this spring’s Ph. D Commencement and Hooding Ceremony. I’m looking forward to what promises to be an inspiring message at the ceremony on May 5. As previously announced, Vicki Escarra, president and CEO of Feeding America, will be the keynote speaker at the 97th Bachelor, Master and Specialist Commencement Ceremony on Sunday, May 6, at 2 p.m. in the Georgia Dome.

I hope you are having a productive and enjoyable spring semester, and I thank you for all you do every day to make Georgia State a jewel in the crown of the University System of Georgia.

Sincerely,

Mark P. Becker
President